Oh Jodie.

July 10, 2013 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

I want y’all to meet Jodie Laubenberg, the author of the anti-choice bill in the Texas House.  We have Wendy Davis, they have Jodie.  Oh, thank you Sweet Jesus.

Jodie is in no danger of being threatened by literacy.  I commented on Facebook yesterday while she was testifying that she’s dumber than bean dip.  Bean dip fans gave me ever-livin’ hell about it.   Her phone number is 1-800-NO-BRAIN.  Seriously, if she looses one more IQ point, we’ll have to water her twice a week (a great line I stole from Jim Hightower).  She was the woman who argued that rape kits “clean women out” at the hospital so they can’t get pregnant from rape.

Darlin’, she would have to study up to be a half-wit.  It is almost painful to watch her try to answer questions.

During this session, Laubenberg argued that a fetus is a human being.  However in 2007, she argued that a fetus has no right to help under the CHIP program or prenatal care because “it’s not born yet.”

Oh yeah, there’s a tape of it.  Democratic Rep. Rafael Anchia points out her inconsistency and she can’t answer so she withdraws her bill.  Like an idiot.  No wonder Republican women believe that other women are unqualified to make decisions.

Thanks to everybody for the heads up.

25 Comments to “Oh Jodie.”

1. JJ…..what is in the water down in your state? Of course here in TN…we have Stacy Campfield and Marsha Blackburn, for starters.

We ain’t go no water in Texas, for starters. All the tar sands pipeline folks are sucking it up to refine the dirty oil so it can be sold to China and the water can’t be reused. Maybe THAT’S what’s wrong with Laubenberg. Anyone know if she lives near the Tar Sands Pipeline?

3. After watching that tape, I now realize that people like Mr. Anchia have a much tougher job than I thought. They have to argue with boneheads that refuse to deal with the facts. Loved the blonde woman behind him and the expression on her face.

4. Miss Prissybritches says:

I keep emailing a piece of my mind to that twit, and don’t ever even get the standard acknowledgement of receipt you usually receive via the State House website, which leads me to conclude that she either hasn’t figured that part of their email system out, hasn’t been able to hire someone smart enough to figure that out, or perhaps she can’t read, so she doesn’t mess with email. As my Aussie friend, Lynette, always says, “Dahhhling, she’s dumb as a chicken.”

Does anyone know of ANYONE who would entertain running against that Koch-goon?

5. W C Peterson says:

So, if the two most powerful agencies in the US do not recognize fetuses as persons, why do the legislatures waste their time with this stuff?

6. Lorraine in Spring says:

@W C Peterson I agree. I’ve said the same thing. Also, with today’s medical technology, they do surgery on fetus’ (feti?) in the woman’s womb. Which insurance plan is that covered under? Not CHIP. I want to see Laubenberg explain that one.

7. Too bad she’s not as bright as her teeth.

8. Ohhhh, the poster girl for the old saying “dumber than a box of blond hammers.” Ten to one someone talked her into getting a lege seat cuz he told her she wouldn’t have to do any work and get her hands dirty. Notice that the persuasion did not include anything about a brain.

9. I think I need a double dose of my blood pressure meds.

10. Grace Newton says:

Wow. Just Wow. We have people in the Virginia lege who barely qualify as a life form but I don’t remember any of them attaining this level of duhdom. I could be wrong. My kids won’t let me read their updates for too long. They’re afraid I’ll break something important.

11. TexasEllen says:

After a while, bean dip develops some sort of culture.

12. TexasEllen, I am ever so glad I had just put my drink down when I read your comment.

I hadn’t heard about the “a fetus has no right to help” comments, but they don’t surprise me. Anything that takes money out of their pockets is against their principles.

13. Before Jodie opened her pie hole, I thought the Wit Sisters were Christine O’Donnell (Dim Wit), Sharon Angle (Half Wit) and Michele Bachmann (Nit Wit)….but I think that Jodie is the mother of them all.

14. Sam in Kyle says:

She’s the House version of Donna Campbell. Neither one of them is qualified to serve as the county hide inspector.

15. Saying Jodie is as smart as “amoeba” would be insulting to amoebas.

16. JuJuBee says:

I noticed the night before Wendy’s filibuster, when Jodie got up to speak, that she sounded positively drugged! “Drugged” as in a quadruple helping of prozac/valium cocktail. They used to be called “Mother’s Little Helpers” and it appears that the Texas Good Ol’ Boys are still using them to keep their blonde-wits docile and stoopid.

17. Paula Trietsch Chaney says:

Rep. Laubenberg represents Parker County, which is north of DFW a ways. She is also the State’s ALEC chair, which explains why she cannot debate the bill she supposedly wrote. I doubt she could write a compound sentence. She certainly doesn’t understand questions phrased that way.

18. Sarah Routh says:

Boo. Can’t watch her try to answer. I keep getting a popup ad!

19. Glen Maxey says:

@ Sam in Kyle:

I resemble that remark. I was the LAST elected Inspector of Hides and Animals in Texas. Elected in 1986 right here in River City (Austin). I then stooped to a lower office as a State Representative. Please don’t insult Hide Inspectors by comparing us to Donna Campbell (that’s dumb with two b’s)

20. Parker County is due west of Ft Worth, not north. The county seat is Weatherford. Their chief claim to fame is being the birthplace of Mary Martin (There is a statue of Peter Pan in the city park). Oh, and the Peach Festival. I don’t know if it has always been a Repug stronghold; it has for most of my life. Weatherford was a “sundown” town, so it has always had intolerant leanings.

21. During the debates on Tuesday, I saw a very brief segment where Laubenberg was saying (I think) that one part of her bill asks doctors who perform the abortions in Texas henceforth to ensure (on pain of losing their license?) that the products of conception must be given every chance possible to live after the procedure.

Whoever the lady was who was giving testimony was utterly dumbfounded. Obviously it hadn’t occurred to Laubenberg that there’s nearly a zero chance of legal Texas abortions — under 20 weeks gestation — resulting in a “live birth”. We’re talking about a fetus “head to bottom about the size of a large heirloom tomato”.

22. Aggieland liz says:

Lord she’s looking thru enough gauze to wrap an elephant!

23. I tell you…the crew gets more and more sickening. BTW, another favorite blogger is begging to hear from Texas women on this topic, so someone here should write to him and tell him ALL about how TexASS sorts want to keep you wimmens “Safe” from those terrible clinics and such: rudepundit[at]yahoo[dot]com

24. Mike McCarthy says:

W C Peterson says:Ask your insurance company to insure a fetus. They will decline. They need a Certificate of Live Birth and a Social Security number to write insurance on anybody. And the SSA will not assign a SSN to a fetus, either.

Hey WC this doesn’t make sense. My insurance co is not part of the gov’t(Either is yours). And I doubt, upon reflection, that you would consider the SSA more ‘powerful’ than the DoJ(where the IRS lives) or the DoD.

I’m sure we’re both on the same side of the discussion here but this wasn’t a good argument.

25. No wonder Republican women believe that other women are unqualified to make decisions.

Snerk!

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Four things to work on now that the omnibus anti-abortion bill is reality – Off the Kuff 11 07 13