Since We’re Talking About the Steeple People …

August 08, 2012 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

Not to be outdone by the nakkid Catholic priest with a laptop, the Baptists cued up their best shot in the Hypocrite Olympics.

Pastor Jack wrote the book on it.

Jack Schaap, a pastor at First Baptist Church of Hammond, Ind., who admitted to having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old member of the church, was fired on Wednesday, according to CBS Chicago, citing officials from the church.

At a meeting with congregants Wednesday night, church officials revealed that Schaap, 54, was being investigated for misconduct with a 17-year-old girl.

Except, she’s not 17, she’s 16.  Now, this ain’t your regular little ole corner neighborhood church, my friends.

This is Super Mega Baptist Church with with Sunday morning services broadcast on the electric teevee set all across America.  I’m coming real close to saying that this is exactly what happens when you don’t talk about sex too much.

There’s a cherry on top of this Sundae – Jack Schaap is an accomplished writer of Christian books, including some tasty titles like, Dating with a Purpose: Common Sense Dating Principles for Couples, Parents, and Youth Workers, Opening the Door to the Unclean Spirits, and Marriage: The Divine Intimacy.

His website is scrubbed clean.

Maybe he and the priest can share a cell at the pokey.  Yes, I said pokey.

Thanks to Stephen for the heads up.

19 Comments to “Since We’re Talking About the Steeple People …”

1. Preparing her for marriage the Super Mega Baptist way?

2. Sam in Kyle says:

Super Mega Baptist sex-ed class.

3. Sandy Havens says:

These guys are why Christianity has such a bad reputation. Sad.

4. What? He was having an affair with a female? Definitely not good enough for a gold medal.

I’ve decided I’m not going to listen to any preacher who makes more money than Jesus. Jesus set a pretty high bar for performance by a preacher, so anyone who earns more than that out to be expected to perform better than that. Anyone who can’t walk on water and raise the dead just doesn’t deserve a higher pay grade than Jesus.

Anyone who lays off thumping the Book long enough to read it knows that the LORD liked pretty much everyone except hypocrites and moneychangers. And that’s pretty much the leadership of every organized religion.

7. 16? 17? I had to look up the age of consent in Indiana and suprisingly it is 16. So why initially say 17 years old? Did he think it sounded a little better with him being 54? “Oh!…. I was sure she was 17! She looked 17!”

8. Wyatt_Earl says:

“Pokey.”

LOL.

9. Jose Orta says:

He better get the pokey…or there is seriously something wrong with our society!

10. notjonathon says:

Well, as we used to say back in my college days, 17 will get you 20.

I realize they turn to Jesus to fight those demons inside, but I guess the megalomania that arises from having an adoring flock just stomps that old superego.

11. Appears to be another of those incestuous Jesus businesses – His wife was the daughter of a pastor, they both were prolific writers. So prolific, in fact, you wonder how he had much time to do dating and marriage counseling, much less sex education. I pray daily for some well directed lightening bolts

12. Cheech and Chong said it best!

13. The naked priest with the laptop was bizarre. I’m not awfully surprised at the Baptist preacher with the little woman. Lord, could I tell you stories! The age is a little disquieting. Now I’ve just read that they arrested Randy Travis lying in the road naked. My God people, get a grip!

14. @Sam in Kyle. That’s funny. Sick and perverted. But funny.

15. Demons Run says:

Try to Get your mind around this threesome:
    a Nekkid drunk priest + a nekkid drunk Randy Travis + 54 year old Baptist preacher what had gawd knows what kinda sex with a 16 year old girl. All I can say is weirdness DOES comes in threes for sure.

Pokey bueno and good night!

16. David, I think the problem here is that these people already have got a grip and it’s on things (and people) they shouldn’t be gripping.

17. Rev. Schaap’s “Dating with a purpose” gets a five-star review on Amazon ending with this ringing endorsement:

“The fact that this preacher was caught doing something indecent with a teenager shows he knows how to influence and attract women. Read this book so you can snare your man, or at the very least, a creepy lech like him! “

18. Ah, the Sins of Kalamazoo!

The sins of Kalamazoo are neither scarlet nor crimson.

The sins of Kalamazoo are a convict gray, a dishwater drab.

And the people who sin the sins of Kalamazoo are neither scarlet nor crimson.

They run to drabs and grays- and some of them sing they shall be washed whiter than snow. And some- we should worry.
    -Carl Sandburg

19. Uncle Dave says:

A drunken nekid priest, a child molestin Babdist preacher and Randy Travis walk into a bar……..

Who can come up with the best punch line? DaChipster?