Planned Parenthood Sues Texas. Texas Asks Women to Hide So They Won’t Be Seen.

April 11, 2012 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

I liked America so much better before Christianity was a political party.

You know, whoever says that the government closest to the people is the best has never been to a school board meeting.  And whoever supports states’ rights doesn’t live in Texas.

Texas cut all state funding to Planned Parenthood for women’s health.  They only paid 10% of it but they cut that so that they could lose 90% they got from the feds.

You know how Republicans all believe that you should be able to chose your own doctor?  Well, except for women who are far too delicate and stupid to make those difficult decisions so Rick Perry and the Texas Republican Lege stepped up to do it for them, by gawd, because that’s just the kind of white male jerks they are.

Next, the 90% of funding that our Medicaid program gets comes from the feds.  They announced that Texas ran afoul of a federal law requiring that Medicaid recipients be able to choose care from any qualified provider willing to provide a service.

And even though Texas freely admits that Planned Parenthood was the most cost effective program to provide health services to women on Medicaid, they turned down 90% funding to punish Planned Parenthood because 2% of their budget goes to abortion services, and that 2% is provided by private donors.  This means that at least 50,000 Texas women will go without health services.

Now Planned Parenthood is suing Texas.

I am perfectly delighted that Planned Parenthood is standing up for women’s health.  It is way past time that someone stand up to the Republican bullies who think Texas is a theocracy and women are second class citizens.

I tried to be funny about this but when Texas women will die needlessly from breast cancer and cancer of the uterus because of somebody’s damn religion, it’s time to be an angry white female.

Stand with Planned Parenthood.   It’s your mother, your sister, your wife and your daughter.  Do not toss away their lives to make a political point.

9 Comments to “Planned Parenthood Sues Texas. Texas Asks Women to Hide So They Won’t Be Seen.”

1. ks sunflower says:

Juanita, pardon me for repeating you to yourself, but these lines are so well done that I want to start the repetition across this land:

“I liked America so much better before Christianity was a political party.” (me, too, girl – me, too)

“. . . and – (just removing the Texas reference for a second) – ‘ . . . .when . . . women will die needlessly from breast cancer and cancer of the uterus because of somebody’s damn religion, it’s time to be an angry white female.” (damn straight! also an angry woman of any color and an angry man who loves any woman in his life, and an angry person of any faith that values life after birth).

Thank you, Juanita. We will all join you in your anger and your action!

2. Mz Patti says:

Friends don’t let friends vote to keep those bozos (I am being polite) in office. I’m a white female, I’m mad as hell. But I frankly wonder if we really have any hope of changing things in Austin…. the State of Texas is controlled by the (R)obots. There is a little luncheon for Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison in Abilene in the next few days to honor her service to the State of Texas. I’m sure it will be just chocked full of fine Republican Christian Women who are as clueless as Senator Hutchison. Gag me with a spoon.

3. gidget commando says:

The righties are always moaning about how those of us who ain’t them want “special rights.” But they want the right to impose their religious hoo-ha on MY hoo-ha? And I don’t get the right to do the same? Now who’s talkin’ “special rights”?? Much like my dear departed momma used to say, your right to swing your fist stops at the tip of my nose.

Can you just imagine that poor Jesus fella, how HORRIFIED he must be that so many people calling themselves his followers are failing in such spectacular fashion? I mean, this is even beyond Evel-Knievel-rocketing-over-the-river-level FAIL.

4. Austinhatlady says:

Yeah, Planned Parenthood! Fight back Just donated at the link.

5. Charley James says:

I’m not even a woman and I’m mad as hell about what mulyuks in Texas are doing to women’s health. Governor “Ultrasound Bob” McDonnell isn’t any better but at least he knew enough not to cut Virginia off from federal money.

What is it about “Christians” that they are willing to kill off alive people – whether women who are being denied access to health care, the anti-choice idiots who will shoot medical doctors, or executing people for crimes they may not have commited, or by denying them food stamps – but think a zygot is entitled to state protection?

6. fenway fran says:

Right on.

7. Charley, the Right To Life with capital letters only extends from the moment of conception (or perhaps even pre-conception) until the moment of birth.

I get really danged mad at the idiots who have smeared the Christian religion with that crap. I can just see Jesus holding His head. (Not really, that was a figure of speech, I don’t hear voices.) You know. Us artists take liberties with our speech and other things too. And Mz. Patti, if you’re who I think you are, I keep saying, RUN FOR OFFICE. At least it would make campaigns in the Big Country more interesting.

9. It’s not “Christianity” that’s a political party, Juanita, it’s “Anti-Abortion” that’s the political party.

Nothing to do with Christianity….. because there is nothing Christian about these people.

And….. nothing to do with “Right to Life”. They believe in the death penalty, and in letting women die….. for lack of affordable health care.

I don’t see true Christianity in any of this. Just sayin’

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks