Men in Dresses

March 28, 2012 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

The only man in a dress who I trust is RuPaul.  So, the score is RuPaul 1, Catholic Bishops 0.

Oh yeah, the Catholic Bishops, who are totally completely 100% hoochy frustrated males, got on their silly little slippers and thought they could tell me a whole lot of chick stuff.  You know what they know about chick stuff?  Diddle squat.  They know diddle squat.  And, oddly, that is exactly what they pretend to know about pedophiles in their own ranks, but that’s a whole ‘nother story.

Anyway, this story goes like this.  The Catholic Bishops have been hollering that all the rest of us are wildly anti-Catholic and they are busily weaving handbaskets for our trip to hell because we think that when they get federal funds for the victims of human trafficking, and then they give those funds to subcontractors, that the subcontractors ought to be able to talk to these victims about contraception and abortion.  And we’re going to hell for that.  Hell, I tell you.

So the ACLU sues them.  And the judge rightly rules:

To insist that the government respect the separation of church and state is not to discriminate against religion; indeed, it promotes a respect for religion by refusing to single out any creed for official favor at the expense of all others…This case is about the limits of the government’s ability to delegate to a religious institution the right to use taxpayer money to impose its beliefs on others (who may or may not share them).

Your religious rights end where my uterus begins.

You know, my sweet Momma belongs to a religion where drinking alcohol is considered a sin.  Does she try to outlaw alcohol, even though there are more deaths due to alcohol than abortion?  No, she does not. Her religion also believes that bingo is gambling.  If we shut down bingo, the Catholic church would fold tomorrow.

I’m just saying.  I do not believe men in dresses should concern themselves with contraception.   They should concern themselves with accessorizing and what makes their butt look big.   And right now it’s their mouths making their butts look big.

Thanks to Ralph for the heads-up.

11 Comments to “Men in Dresses”

So last weekend as we lounged around the Waldorf-Astoria (having eaten Ramen for weeks to afford to do so) there was this big black-tie shindig going on. Mrs. daChipster and I were seated in a bar (of course) doing our best Joan and Melissa red carpet imitation, ranking gowns. (A tux is a tux is a tux, except at weddings and proms.)

Turns out that it was almost the entire federal judiciary except SCOTUS being feted by, I dunno, each other?

Had I but known that this judge (Richard Stearns) was gonna write what he wrote, putting into two elegant sentences EVERYTHING that is in my heart about church and state, I’d have crashed that party and kissed him right on the mouth.

US District Court Judge Richard Stearns,
    District of Massachusetts,
    BA -Stanford, M.Litt. – Oxford, JD -Harvard
    (…and it shows!)

2. gidget commando says:

“They should concern themselves with accessorizing and what makes their butt look big. And right now it’s their mouths making their butts look big.”

Oh, Juanita Jean, you owe me a new monitor. This one’s covered with the spit-take I just did to that!

3. 1toughlady says:

Awesome! Let’s all send them girdles!

Women always notice the dresses, men notice the funny hats. These guys would have a lot more credibility if they wore a Stetson.

5. OMG, JJ. You got this one dead right!

6. Yeah, Ralph, I’m with you. And, as I’ve mentioned to others, I’m not doing anything the guy wearing the funny hat says.

7. John Boy H says:

“Spanx”

8. Well, I’m a woman who has always loved clothes, but those men need more tips than I’m prepared to offer. I will say they really need to get touch with their feminine sides in more ways than fashion, and talk with a few mature women before they opine on women. I’d also want them to tell us on what Bible passage they base their opinion on contraception. Oh, it’s not there; it’s just some old men saying it’s not “natural” as a way to control the demented womenfolk?

That said, I would also like a pair of handmade red Gucci loafers like the Pope wears.

9. I left the Catholic church last year after 56 years.
    Not one day has gone by that I am glad I made that decision.

I tried so hard to conform, but when the sex scandal started I still tried. I woke up one morning and said enough is enough.
    I had had it and could no longer accept that these men controlled what and how I worshiped. I realized that the church was never ever going to change.

I know people like rick santorum. If he were to be elected, his moral compass would be guided by the pope. He would make decisions based on Catholic church law.
    So people, if you would like to live in a Catholic country, vote for santorum.

10. Corinne Sabo says:

This Catholic is one the U.S. bishops don’t like and call names. Other countries actually have bishops with brains! I’ve even met a few!

11. Once again girl you have hit the nail on the head!!!
    Keep em comin Juanita..you make my day!!