I Love Yew, Jimmy Carter

March 21, 2012 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

I do.  I love you.

“Homosexuality was well known in the ancient world, well before Christ was born and Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. In all of his teachings about multiple things -– he never said that gay people should be condemned. I personally think it is very fine for gay people to be married in civil ceremonies. I draw the line, maybe arbitrarily, in requiring by law that churches must marry people. I’m a Baptist, and I believe that each congregation is autonomous and can govern its own affairs. So if a local Baptist church wants to accept gay members on an equal basis, which my church does by the way, then that is fine. If a church decides not to, then government laws shouldn’t require them to.” - Jimmy Carter, speaking to the Huffington Post.

Those who want to know what Christians who know Christ’s teachings believe will want to read the whole article, and maybe buy the book.

10 Comments to “I Love Yew, Jimmy Carter”

1. I love Jimmy too . . . .

2. Lorraine in Spring says:

I always said that Jimmy Carter is the epitome of what a former US President should be. He never stopped working towards a safer, healthier, more just world after he left the White House. I’m glad Bill Clinton is following his lead. We need more people like them.

3. I <3 Jimmy Carter.

Almost always have, probably always will. I had my doubts about him when he was first elected, but he and his whole fam damily really warmed my heart, from Amy right on up to his mama, Miss Lillian. He is a straight-up gentleman, and a very heartfelt, studied, and savvy Christian.

I'd be proud to know him, should he ever happen across my path. Which he most likely never will. But still, I like the man, and comments like those above just make me like and respect him more.

4. Sam in Pearland says:

His book on Palestine was a real eye opener. Why is it that the SBC can produce such fine individuals as Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and such loathsome toads like Jerry Falwell?

Notice how hard Carter and Clinton have worked to make the world a better place? Whatever happened to that guy who was in from 2000-2008? Maybe he’s been learning to read or something.

5. Uncle Terry says:

I think he may not have been the best President we’ve had, but without a doubt he is the best man we’ve ever had AS a President.

6. BarbinDC says:

@Sam: Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton are welcomed with open arms anywhere in the world. W and Cheney don’t dare leave the confines of the US, fearful of being arrested for war crimes and taken to the Hague. Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it?

Two problems. Jesus was not a natural born citizen of the USA so his opinion doesn’t count any more than any other socialist foreigner with dark skin. We can’t allow those Middle Eastern foreigners to impose their religious laws on the good old US of A.

Second, Jesus has no photo ID or birth certificate so he can’t vote in the Republican Primary.

Therefore Mr. Christ is irrelevant. qed, ipso facto, and res ipsa loquitur, et alia!

8. Come back Jimmy, all is forgiven….

Remember in 1976 when people thought he was weird because he talked about religion once in a while? We didn’t know when we were well off.

9. To date Jimmy Carter is the only active POTUS I’ve ever personally met…I had the honor of saluting him and shaking his hand when I was in the Air force in 1980.

I did meet Dubya when I was in high school and he was in the Champagne Air Force, oops, I mean the Texas Air National Guard…at the time I sure as heck didn’t think to myself, “I’ll bet this guy is gonna be President someday”.

10. Uncle Dave says:

President Carter proves that even a Baptist can think Christian thoughts, but Carter, Bill Clinton and Harry Truman, three of the best presidents ever, were all Baptists.