March 13, 2012 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners has decided that women do not need to be doing the wild thing.  Honestly.

They unanimously voted to turn down a state family planning grant that would cover contraceptive supplies along with other medical services related to family planning.  Why?

Well, let’s let them talk.

Chairman Ted Davis said he thought it was a sad day when “taxpayers are asked to pay money to buy for contraceptives” for women having sex without planning responsibly.

“If these young women were responsible people and didn’t have the sex to begin with, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” Davis said.

Commissioner Jonathan Barfield said he was “one of those abstinence guys” and agreed with Davis’ comment.

Bless  their hearts, they don’t know what contraceptives are.  Contraceptives are a device to allow you to have responsible hoochy.

Now, I want you to scamper on over and take a look at the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners.  They are all male and from the looks of them, none of them are capable of getting a nakkid woman within, oh dunno, a mile and half of them.

This is just my opinion, but I think they are just being mean to other men who are getting lucky.

Plus, what are married women supposed to say?  Not tonight dear, I have a responsible?

And, if they truly are “abstinence guys,” I most certainly expect them to be leaders in this particular area they have chosen for others.

I will pay $5 cash American money to the first person to goes to the next commissioner’s meeting and passes out condoms at the door.  Those commissioners have a social disease.

Thanks to Robert for the heads-up.

30 Comments to “Dear New Hanover County Board of Commissioners, Stick It In Your Ear. Love, Juanita”

1. Austinhatlady says:

I just had to look it up.
    The Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy estimates that 60% of men have an extramarital relationship at some point in their married lives. So, it’s likely that two or three of those commissioners have not been “behaving responsibly”.
    Found that info at this link.

2. I thought Kinsey had it higher than that.

3. Lorraine in Spring says:

So, how will they punish all the men who are helping all the sluts have all the sex that require all the birth control?

This is the type of group that has me asking… I wonder what they have on their personal computer hard drives?

4. If women didn’t have sex, those dumb asses wouldn’t be here!

5. If any of these men are married, I hope their wives are feeling “responsible” and don’t want to have sex to begin with.

And I sincerely hope that all the other men who think that sex without the possibility of baby is anathema get cut off by their wives once menopause occurs. Mrs. Santorum, I’m thinking of you.

Their mothers all had sex and we can see how that turned out. I wouldn’t want to be responsible for that.

7. All this goofiness would come to a complete halt – if all women would refuse to have sex with any Republicans until this stuff stops.

8. Nance Confer says:

Good point, Ralph.

But, as Lorraine suggests, if the men could keep their pants zipped. . . well, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Or maybe this “I want to look like I live in the 1950s” group of extremely unattractive men only approves of lesbians.

9. Doesn’t it seem like three of the five have really small heads?

10. If women start behaving “responsibly”, little boys had better run for their lives!

11. But wait there is more! How about a nice sex education ban, just to sweeten the pot!

12. I had to sneak a peek at Laura Ingraham doing O’reilly’s show last night and she pretty much repeated Rush Limbaugh’s statement about women and contraceptives.
    She said, “If you are a woman working at, say, Georgetown University and you want to have multiple sex partners every week, you can buy all the contraceptives you want.”
    Sick.

13. ks sunflower says:

I like that when you click on their photos, their emails and phone numbers come up. If we really think they are dud dudes, we ought to let them know.

Juanita, where did you get the photos? I’d love to click on the link to the bio on each of them. I want to see if my suspicions about them are correct or not.

I actually like that they are for abstinence. Maybe that way we can keep them from procreating. No one needs the gene pool dipping any lower.

The downside is, of course, that their lack of being laid may account for their meanness. Their IQ and empathy problems are beyond a sexual solution, though.

14. ks sunflower says:

P.S. Every time I read or hear about men like this, I give my man an extra hug (or whatever is appropriate to the circumstances). I want men who love women, like him, to know they are appreciated. The good ones really deserve the positive reinforcement.

15. ks sunflower says:

Blushing with embarrassment – Juanita, I should have known you’d not leave us without a link to the nitty gritty about these guys. Why I did not see it before I babbled on and on I do not know. Thanks for the link. Guess it’s time to clean my glasses.

Maybe I just need new glasses – put this in the wrong post area just a few moments ago. Sigh. This is what comes of getting all riled up over this.

16. Here’s a law that might help. Any man who has sex with a woman he is not married to will be required to set up a trust fund for any children resulting from this sinful act. If he fails to do so then a notch will be carved in his penis to warn future potential sexual partners. This serves to make the father responsible for the child the same way the mother is (minus the stretch marks) and to inflict on him a painful, unnecessary medical procedure against his will.

17. I strongly suspect these are the same guys who had to be told in a court of law, AND IN MY LIFETIME, that a married woman had the right to say no.

They didn’t believe it then and they don’t believe it now. Wait for it – that’ll be the next law they go after.

I endorse Cheryl’s plan. I can’t imagine waking up in the morning next to a Republican.

19. If I woke up next to a Republican, it would be proof positive that I died and went to hell.

20. KS Sunflower, I did write them a note. And I didn’t even cuss or tell them that the Chairman was too stupid to be the lawyer his bio claims. Though comparing him to Limbaugh may cause him to believe otherwise.

I felt that I had to explain to them that if they spend money on birth control, that could reduce county expenses in the future, but I bet they couldn’t even figure that out.

And, Ralph, my dad [Democrat] woke up next to my mother [Republican] every day. His favorite saying around election day was ‘she’s the poorest Republican I know.’

21. Thanks for the laughs Hardy. I may be forced to sign up for facebook.

Perhaps these men, and their wives, should be reminded of Lorena who, literally, bobbed it.

22. Corinne Sabo says:

Women there do it by themselves? How about soddering zippers shut on the men’s pants?

23. I have a friend who teaches human sexual behavior at a university. One day while she was waiting in line at Walmart, the young man behind her asked if she was the one who taught the course. When she said yes, he told her that a friend of his took the course and told this young man not to take it. “It’ll take all the fun out of [sex].” ;-)
    When we educate them, they can make informed – and much better – choices. Why is this so hard to figure out?

24. Pissed Off in Wilmington says:

Oh, these guys can get a woman within a mile of them, the problem is those women end up taking out restraining orders against them: http://www.wwaytv3.com/2011/06/10/first-3-berger-bond-set-girlfriend-too-afraid-to-go-to-his-house-without-police-listen-to

25. linda ross says:

I’m so sick of all these men telling women what not to do.

Griswold vs. Connecticut 1965. The Supremes struck down a Connecticut law ( which had resulted in the arrest of Planned Parenthood employees) finding that married persons had a constitutionally protected privacy right to use contraceptives. This court included 4 appointed by Eisenhower.

Eisenstadt vs.Baird 1972 ..”if the right of privacy means anything , it is the right of the INDIVIDUAL, married or single, to be free from unwarranted governmental intrusion into matters so fundamentally affecting a person as the decision to bear or beget a child. Five Republican appointees

Carey vs Population Services International 1977 extended these rights to minors 5 appt. by Repugs.

26. One April Fool’s Day, my sister sewed my brother-in-law’s fly shut.
    Maybe we could do that to all GOP males..

27. I would like to be angry but I would need a blunderbuss to hit all of the offending parties

28. I live in New Hanover County, and I am still aghast. I used to work for one of these “gentlemen.” He was a misogynistic pig. When one of his employees had to take temporary disability leave for a month, he had her laid off a few weeks after she came back to work. This employee did have the pleasure of training her replacement before she was let go. NC being a right to work state, the employee had no recourse and was out of work for two years. So does this idiotic move surprise me? Not in the least.

29. Lorraine says:

I want info on who and how to complain about the voting district here in Wilmington! I wanted to vote for Pantano, but I was told I could not because this county was divided and I did not live in the 7th district!!!!!

As a result I voted for no one-I wanted to vote for Mr. Pantano. No one will tell me who I can and who I can’t vote for!