Must Be That Solar Flare Thing

March 08, 2012 By: Juanita Jean Category: Uncategorized

Y’all, this is serious and it ain’t normal.

Pat Robertson came out for legalizing marijuana.

No, I read it twice just to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating.

“I really believe we should treat marijuana the way we treat beverage alcohol,” Mr. Robertson said in an interview on Wednesday. “I’ve never used marijuana and I don’t intend to, but it’s just one of those things that I think: this war on drugs just hasn’t succeeded.”

Dude, is he high?  Did somebody slip some weed in his communion wafer?

You want to know the bad part of all this?  Now we all have to say that we agree with Pat Robertson about something.  How darn embarrassing is that, dammit?

Maybe it’s a plot.  I mean, after all, the guy is still weird.

My bet is that the solar flare thing crossed the wires in his brain.  Next think we know, he’ll be riding on Willie’s tour bus.

Thanks to Carl for the heads-up.

22 Comments to “Must Be That Solar Flare Thing”

1. Stephanie in Arlington says:

Never in my life did I think I would agree with Pat Robertson about anything. NEVER!!!

2. No wonder I’ve been shivering. Hell just froze over.

3. Sam in Pearland says:

My God, legalizing marijuana just suffered a blow to its credibility.

4. fenway fran says:

The image of him on Willie’s tour bus was too funny for first thing in the morning! I’ll be smiling all day…

5. When I lived in Tarrant County I had that same eerie feeling when I found myself agreeing with Ross Perot. Robertson for marijuana reform. Deja vu all over again.

6. C’mon I can’t believe Pat hasn’t toked—I mean eerrr, taken
    a more personal action where the chronic is concerned.

But it frightens me too that I can agree with him on, well, anything.

7. Here I was thinking ole Pat didn’t have one working brain cell and it turns out he has at least one or else his brain is a broken clock. But it can’t be a broken clock since they’re right twice a day, so scratch that part.

8. If it will get people who need it…. medical marijuana…… Hell….. I’ll agree with Pat Robertson…. (whoever he is.)

9. Larry McLaughlin says:

Last Wednesday on the way home from a concert at church, NPR wasn’t something I was interested in, so I tuned in the local talk radio show, so you know it was “right-wing”. Dennis Prater was also advocating for legalizing marijuana. The points were most persuasive. A medical doctor said he treats 20 to 30 patients for tobacco linked illnesses, but never one for marijuana related illnesses. He further stated 20 to 30 percent of all medical expenses are for tobacco related illnesses.
    Prohibition didn’t work for alcohol. We need to end prohibition for Marijuana, and maybe some others.
    I’ve never taken as much as a drag from a joint, and don’t intend to either.
    Another good point was it would increase tax revenue and most important, put the Mexican Cartels partially out of business!

10. Prohibition of alcohol (a religious-right crusade) not only failed but created a criminal empire based on booze. Prohibition of drugs has not worked either. Neither, by the way, would Prohibition of contraceptives. You cannot legislate morality, but you can spend a fortune trying.

11. God’s Own Blind Pig found himself an acorn.

12. LMAO!
    What montag said!!!!

13. Lorraine in Spring says:

@Ralph Thanks for that link. Interesting stuff.

Sing it, Toby!

I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again
    My party’s all over before it begins
    And I find I’m agreeing with Pat Robertson
    So, I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again

15. Pat is a parody christian. He plays a character for the MSM puppetshow.
    That said, I am in favor of legalizing pot, because I know of cases of alcohol poisoning but I don’t know of a single case of thc poisoning.

16. Don A in Pennsyltucky says:

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then. (And that blind hunting dog in Mark Trail is amazing!)

17. Corinne Sabo says:

I’d love to have a picture of him & Willie. I bet Willie would love it, too. Maybe Ol’ Pat is on a contact high.

18. Once again Juanita you are reading my mind..has Hell frozen over?? In my wildest dreams I would never imagine agreeing with crazy ole Pat but…

In everything give thanks. If Pat Robertson said that, it means that lots of other folks will give it some thought.

20. I agree with pretty much everybody, but there’s this:

“Recently, he was quoted as saying that victims of tornadoes in the Midwest could have avoided their fate by praying more.”

If every single person who lost property, a loved one, or their own bodily integrity in one of those storms wants to line up and kick Pat Robertson’s ass up through his teeth, I’d be happy to stand at the end of that long line for my chance.

It’s unkind to wish a terminal disease on anybody, but if he ever gets one, I’ll be saying, “Pray more, Pat. Pray more.”

21. Aggieland Liz says:

@ Rhea, honey I’ll be glad to just hold him down while you kick his a$$ thru his teeth – call me! This goes for anyone else who might like a hand too! PLEASE call me!